We try to protect you emotionally & financially.
You may have heard lots of reasons why adoptions within the U.S. can be challenging;
- Some adoption agencies can be unethical
- There seems to be a limited number of children available
- The costs can be prohibitive
- You never know if, at the end of the process, you will have a child
- If you are placed with a child, it may take years to bring them home
Not surprisingly, many families find themselves seeking International adoptions to try to avoid these challenges. That is exactly what I did when I tried to adopt my first child domestically. And because of my own experience, which was filled with challenges, I decided to start Graceful Adoptions, an agency named after my adopted daughter Grace.
At Graceful Adoptions our policies and practices are specifically designed to address what I often refer to as “the black holes of domestic adoptions.”
- Surprises may be okay at Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries; however, we believe that your adoption experience should be free from as many surprises as possible.
- We don’t believe in accepting every family that applies. We only accept those families that we believe we can successfully place in a timely manner.
- We cap our waiting families at a realistic number, so that we can match and place families in a reasonable time-frame.
- Our average wait time, based on the families placed 2013 through first half of 2016, is 4 months. If you consider all waiting families, the average wait is closer to 8 months.
- Our fees are based on the services provided instead of the characteristics of the child. Thus our fees are the same regardless of the age, race and gender of the child so it’s easy to understand and budget for the cost of the adoption.
- We don’t believe the adoptive parents should take all the financial risk if a match fails. That’s why we have a refund policy that ensures you don’t lose any of your agency fee if a match disrupts.
- Because of our beliefs, policies and procedures, we have one of the lowest disruption rates in the U.S.
At Graceful Adoptions we understand what it’s like to be an adoptive parent. That’s why we’ve designed our adoptive parent program with you in mind – to protect you emotionally and financially.
Founder and Owner